JOB DESCRIPTION - COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL
The Paralegal shall be primarily responsible for assisting with real estate transactions, including but not limited to leasing, dispositions and financings. The Paralegal will also have responsibilities relating to contract management, litigation management, review of title, survey and zoning matters, regulatory research, and compliance management.
The Paralegal must be proactive, very organized and an effective user of time, possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, have strong verbal and written communication, ability to manage changing priorities, with the ability to work independently. The Paralegal must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; and be able to effectively communicate with senior level attorneys, partners, clients, opposing counsel, title companies, banks, staff, and others under time sensitive deadlines. 3+ years of experience in a law firm, real estate firm, and/or government agency with direct experience in real estate transactional work is preferred. Bachelor’s degree and/or Certified Paralegal is required.
- Draft, negotiate, and finalize retail leases and lease related and ancillary documents.
- Work on general real estate matters.
- Assist with management of work flow.
- Respond to inquiries and request for assistance from field.
- Research various retail lease issues.
- pecial projects and duties as assigned.
- Nature of work requires ability to organize, communicate and exchange information as well as collect, compile, and prepare work documents while operating standard business office equipment.
- Work is performed in a general office environment.
- May require extended hours during peak periods.
- An undergraduate degree, paralegal certificate or related field of study; or the equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of three years of paralegal experience in commercial real estate industry.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate law, preferably with an emphasis on retail leasing.
- Experience with the review and analysis of commercial leases.
- Strong comprehension, drafting and negotiation skills pertaining to leases.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to coordinate activities and efforts within a “team oriented” environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organization; able to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet assigned project(s) deadlines.
- Exhibits a results oriented approach to tasks, assignments and responsibilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (both internal & external customers).
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Intermediate plus level in MS Outlook, Word and Excel. JD Edwards knowledge a plus.
***Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Raider Hill will only be contacting applicants we intend to interview for the position.