JOB DESCRIPTION - DIRECTOR OF ASSET MANAGEMENT
The Director of Asset Management will direct all aspects of Raider Hill’s asset management activities. The Director of Asset Management will work with internal and external legal teams, investments teams, leasing teams, construction management teams, and third-party brokers to ensure a proactive and disciplined approach to value maximization, capital allocation, reporting, partner communication, and compliance.
The Director of Asset Management must be proactive, very organized and an effective user of time, possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, have strong verbal and written communication, ability to manage changing priorities, with the ability to work independently. The successful applicant will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with various constituents under time sensitive deadlines. 3 to 5 years of practical experience is required, with a strong preference for a background in retail real estate.
- Oversee management of property operations and assist the senior management, leasing, and investments teams in the development of financial analyses, and operating/capital budgets, with a focus time-weighted returns:
- Manage database applications and oversee portfolio reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Review demographic and market information for each asset for strategic planning and reporting purposes.
- Manage general property level analysis functions (i.e. property management contracts, RFPs, construction contracts, and vendor contracts).
- Re-leasing and Vacant Asset Disposition:
- Assist with resolution of vacant properties.
- Conduct financial analysis on re-lease vs. disposition options.
- Prepare property marketing files and review zoning, planning, deed, title, and other potentially restrictive encumbrances on assets.
- Assist with lease and/or sale negotiations.
- Assist in pursuing development opportunities on existing assets, including (i) pad leasing, (ii) outparcel built-to-suit, (iii) re-purposing assets, and (iv) demising of big box space.
- Review property and legal files for viability of redevelopment opportunities.
- Communicate with local municipalities regarding requirements for redevelopment of a particular site.
- Assist with negotiating lease amendment, term sheet, profit-sharing, and reciprocal easement agreements.
- Investment sale:
- Assist in executing investment sales strategy to opportunistically monetize properties.
- Identify properties to dispose based on alignment of strategic goals.
- Monitor and maintain a project tracking system to ensure timely transaction completion.
- Nature of work requires ability to organize, communicate and exchange information as well as collect, compile, and prepare work documents while operating standard business office equipment.
- Work is performed in a general office environment.
- May require extended hours during peak periods.
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience, preferably with a retail real estate emphasis.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree.
- Proficiency with ARGUS, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated prioritization, organization and time management skills necessary to balance competing deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and results-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to attract and retain junior members of the Asset Management team.
- A commitment to continued education in real estate will be encouraged.
- Ability to travel as required.
***Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com